Tuesday, December 14, 2010

You've Got a Friend in Me

December 14 – What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

My Friends.  Plain and Simple. 

I have a small list in my head.  You may not even know that you are one it.  It doesn't take much to get on it.  But once you are on it, you are on it FOREVER. 

This past year my appreciation for the great people in my life has grown.  I've always had great people in my life.  I've always acknowledged that.  Only in the last couple of years have I grown to truly appreciate them.  I had started a journey a few years ago.  A journey that I had imagined that all my friends would be along for the ride.  They were all excited at first.  Then things got a bit bumpy.  After a few speed bumps, everything worked itself out.  But as I looked around, I noticed I lost a few people.  It happens.  In the course of life sometimes we grow apart.  I would like to say that I am working on being okay with that. 

That point in my life just made me appreciate the people in my life all the more.  I know I can do more to show how much I appreciate them.  I try and verbalize it as much as possible, sometimes I assume that they know. 

So just so you know here and now.  If you care enough to have been reading this novel, YOU are probably on the short list ;).  Brought me some sort of coffee...on it FOR SURE.  Had us over for a play date...don't worry bout it, you're THERE.  Listened to my rants and raves...ABSOLUTELY.  The list goes on for awhile and some of you are in multiple categories but like I said, once you are on it, your a lifer. 

I'm working on showing my friends how much I appreciate them.  Even if it's something small.  Not only do I cherish all of these people, I am in awe of them.  They all have qualities that I love.  Qualities that have and continue to enhance my life.  How do you show your appreciation for something so special?     

No comments:

Post a Comment