Saturday, December 11, 2010

11 Things

December 11 – What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

This seems like an appropriate topic considering that I actually did some purging last night.  My Organizing Coach/Guru actually asked me if there was going to be a blog post about it.  I told her no, looks like I was wrong. 

Last night we went through all of Clover's belongings and worked on thinning it out before the holidays.  I have four bags waiting to go to donations and probably a good 8 bags waiting by the door waiting to go to a local teen moms group that a friend of ours mentors. 

So I can put that on the list.  In no particular order...

11. Clover's Stuff - Getting her play area a bit more manageable so she can get to the toys she does have and play with them.

10. My Clothes - I have to admit, I have a lot of stuff that doesn't fit.  I dropped a few lbs, but for some reason I am still holding on to some items.  Partly because I'm afraid I will bounce back up.  But so far so good and it's been a year. So I think it's safe to say that I can start to get rid of some of it. 

9. The Monster Couch on the Back Porch - When we updated the living room, the easiest solution was to move the monster couch to the back porch.  So that's what we did.  It was still sort of warm so chillin out there on the couch was nice.  Hubby doesn't like it.  He thinks it's "ghetto".  So in 2011 it will probably be leaving.

8. Diapers - We have been working on potty training around these parts.  2011 will be the year that the diapers are out of the house.
 
7. My Wonky Acer Netbook Screen - Good thing I know people that can fix it, since Acer wouldn't. 

6.  Some More Lbs - Of course everyone puts that on their New Years resolution list.  I think I could shed a few more.  I'm not going to torture myself over it.  Maybe just hit the elliptical a bit more.

5.  My Recently Developing Ulcer - Every so often it decides to creep up on me and attack me while I am drinking my morning cup of coffee.  Tagament here I come. 
 
4.  My Caffeine Addiction - Who are we kidding with this one?  Really?  Yes, I know that it's bad for me but I just can't help it.  To say that I love my coffee would be an understatement.  Even if it is aggravating my ulcer. 

3. Negative People - We all have them in our lives.  No matter how things are going they can never recognize the good.  Ever.  All they see is the negative.  And heaven forbid you have something positive in your life, because for some reason they just can't handle that.  Yeah, those people need to go.  If I can't eliminate them from the social calendar maybe I can just surround myself with more positive people.   

2. Clover's Two Year Old Tantrums - I can dream right?  As we move into the next year, My darling is all that closer to being 3.  So the tantrums stop right?  It's okay you can lie to me just this once. 

1. Sleep Deprivation - Now I'm just stretching cuz I've been sitting here forever trying to think of one last thing on the list.  I know that I probably shouldn't stay up until one when I know that my darling daughter will be up 5 hours later poking me with her little finger reminding me that once again "it's time to get up Mom!".

So there you have it.  11 things for 2011.  So that's roughly one thing to get rid of a month.  I think I can manage that.  I have a whole year to work on it.  I think it's do-able.  After getting rid of stuff last night I feel better about my house and that it's not as cluttered.  Maybe getting rid of some of the stuff on my list will make my life seem less cluttered.  I'm all for an uncluttered life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment