Thursday, December 2, 2010

Enter Interference

Day 2
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

I haven't had my good o morning cup of coffee.  I can smell it and it's tempting.  When I first read this prompt, I read it wrong.  No surprise...I have barely gotten the sleepy sand out of my eyes.  Gross, I know.

I thought this question was way to easy...especially when I read the word "can" as "can't".  I started thinking of everything I do where I would rather be doing something else.  That list is long....and has dishes, sweeping, vacuuming on it.  You know, stuff you don't want to do but stuff that you have to do. 

Now that I am focusing on the question as it was written...it's a little harder.  I could have written on and on about how I hate sweeping.  You could ask the girls I worked with.  If begging and bartering wouldn't work, I was not above whining. ;)

It's been a while since I sat down and wrote just for the sake of writing.  I used too.  English classes were always my favorites.  Then writing turned into blogging.  I am a little disappointed that craft blog has posed a little more challenging that I realized.  Writing at times comes naturally.  My challenge comes in finding the time.

Speaking of time...I kid you not the last two times I have sat down to blog I have had to run interference.  I guess it's all about making time.  Which is what this challenge is all about :)

So back to the question...something I can eliminate?  Eliminate seems like such a harsh word.  Maybe I should readjust my schedule to include more writing.  Less tv time and a lil less knitting time.     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment