Thursday, December 23, 2010

Just Plain Juju

December 23 – Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why?

I'm not exactly sure when the transition took place.  But somewhere along the lines my name took a metamorphosis. 

I think Hubs started it.  And it just kind of stuck.  It was easier for my toddlers to say when I was teaching.  It always sounded so cute when they said it.  So I didn't mind that my name changed.  It actually feels weird when someone introduces me as my name...it's like.."Oh yeah, that's me."

When I was a kid I used to write my name in all sorts of creative ways.  I would change the spelling or sometimes change it all together.  One teacher asked me if it was okay with my mother.  I just remember looking at her sideways.  Why would I ask my mom?  It was MY name.  For the longest time I wanted to change my name to "Jessica".  I'm not even sure why.  I just liked the name.  Eventually, I gave up on all the unauthorized name switches.  I don't have to change it.  I'm pretty fond of the one I've got.  I'm glad cuz...

Now, I'm just plain Juju.

No comments:

Post a Comment