Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Wonder Cultivator

December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

This is such an easy question that I feel like as soon as I answer it there will be nothing else to write about today.  That just might be disappointing to my few loyal readers who came here and expected a novel.

You see, I have my very own "Sense of Wonder Cultivator".  This person also happens to be my "All Things Wonderful" Tour Guide.  She has a tough job but she is always up for the challenge.  I have to imagine that sometimes it's tricky to slow those "Big People" down and make them look around.  But let me tell you, she is great at it.  Her job doesn't end at five and she rarely gets a day off, but she never complains.  She has just fit into the position naturally. 

I try very hard each day to slow down and look around like she so frequently tells me too.  Sometimes life gets in the way and pushes us in other directions but she is always right there to point us in the right way. 

Like I said in an earlier post, this year has been busy.

And like I said, she is really good at her job.

Even something as simple as going to the park gives her the opportunity to show off her skills.  There are just so many things that as adults we pass up.  Maybe it has something to do with being so far from the ground.  Just watching her explore the world around her leaves me in a total sense of wonder.  I could easily write this entire blog post about watching her at Disneyland.

I haven't had to much at all to cultivate my sense of wonder this year or the year before that.  I'm pretty sure next year is already taken care too.  I don't have to look very far.  No, not very far at all.  I just have to look down at the curly red headed girl who is snuggling my arm, tucked under her Mad Hatter blanket. 
            

No comments:

Post a Comment