Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Cursor Keeps Blinking at Me

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.

I copy and pasted the prompt and my poor cursor is just sitting there blinking at me.  I can write on and on about things in my life, about my Clover, my Hubs, family or friends.  Easy peasy.  But writing about myself?  Actual deep down self reflection...everything comes to a screeching halt and the poor cursor just sits there blinking.

I read the prompt probably an hour ago.  Then I sat on Facebook for awhile and avoided it.  I've repeated "beautifully different?" in my head a few times and I still have a blank canvas in front of me.  It's not that I lack self confidence to write about myself.  I guess I just don't think about it that often.  It's not like I sit around thinking about how I am so fantastical.  I do joke about how I can't hear anything over the sound of how awesome I am.

Since I have sitting here thinking...the memories that have popped in my head have been about the little things in life.  I like to do little things that make someones day a little brighter.  Make the day a little easier.  Bringing someone a cup of coffee or posting something ridiculous online or harassing someone via text message.  I don't know if it makes me different.  I know it makes me feel a little better about myself to know that I helped someone out, even if it's just a little bit.

On the physical side of "beautifully different"...I have to say, I really like my nose.  No really, I do.  I think it's a cute nose.  It even has a lil freckle on it.  I like it even more since my daughter has one just like it.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment