Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Little Black Rain Cloud

I usually try to keep it pretty positive around these parts.  But, sometimes you have a bad day.  I think with all of the Christmas rush I may have neglected my body telling my mind to slow down.  I really wanted to slow down today but with all the visitors coming through my house the pantry was near to bare.  So I had to brave the crowds.  I thought they would have dispersed by now.

I was wrong.

I wrangled the 2 and 3/4 year old and dressed her.  A feat in itself.  Then I motivated myself into getting dressed.  Another feat in itself.  Speaking of feet, I was lazy and didn't want to put shoes on.  I didn't think much of it when I threw on my flip flops and headed out the door.  That is, until I realized that five steps out of door, my feet were wet. 

You know you live in California when it's raining outside and you are still in your flip flops.

I had to hit Target and the grocery store.  Both were packed.  Parking lots were packed, roads were full.  Full of absolutely cheery and thoughtful drivers that know how to drive in the rain...oh wait.  I was daydreaming. 

So I woke up in a funk.  Not even my beloved coffee addiction could help pull me out.  By the end of today it has turned into a little black rain cloud hovering over my head.  Hubs tried to cheer me up by taking me to dinner.  Dinner was really good and Clover did great at the restaurant.  But by the time we got out I was totally fried.

Maybe I just need some hot chocolate and some rest.  I'm trying really hard to work my way out from underneath this rain cloud.  But like I said, sometimes you just have a bad day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment