Sunday, December 12, 2010

Simply a Cohesive You

December 12 – This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

My body and mind are rarely integrated.  My body spends a lot of time yelling at my mind.  Like the time we hiked down to the lake thinking

"It doesn't look that far..."


My body was pretty mad at my mind.  Especially when we were hiking back.  I had the two year old on my hip and came to this...


Now, I'm not a couch potato.  Nor am I in the greatest physical shape in the world.  By the time I got to the top with Clover in my arms, my heart was pounding out of my ears!  When we got back to the truck, my heart had stopped pounding like a bongo drum.  My body was tingly from all the exercise and looking back I felt a great sense of accomplishment.  I did feel alive, happy that the hike didn't kill me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment