Monday, December 6, 2010

The Proof is in the Reading

My day normally starts somewhere in between 5 and 7 am.  I have no idea why it varies.  There is no rhyme or reason.  In between that time span, my darling Clover gets out of her bed, opens her door and comes and crawls right in the middle of me and her daddy.  If it's closer to the 5 side of things, I will wrap my arm around her and she will normally go back to sleep.  If closer to the 6 side of things, she will flop around like a fish and start...

"Mom.....mom....(poke)...Mooom."

Incoherent mumble from mom

"Mom...It's time to get up mom!" 

"No it's not...the suns not out yet" I am starting to be convinced that my daughter was destined to be a Starbucks Employee.

"Mommmmmyyyyy...It's time to get up mom"

I'm not a morning person.  My flannel sheets are way to warm and I just want to lay there, possibly roll back over, and go to sleep.  But I can't.  My human alarm clock wont let me. 

"Mom"

If I don't get up she starts on her Dad.  Which she knows by now gets me up faster. 

So now I'm up.  I start off my day by balancing our morning routine while patiently waiting for Mr. Coffee to brew my oh so delicious breakfast blend. 

Turn the TV on.  Yes, we watch TV.  I know there are people out there who are against it, I don't know how you get through your day without some sort of distraction.  I admire you for that, I do.

Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse! 

Before I've had my first cup of liquid caffeine, I have my netbook open.  I smack it a couple of times because the screen is all wonky.  Which makes me grumpy because even though I got it for Christmas last year, Acer believes that a one year warranty expires in October. 

I check the prompt and start brainstorming...

I grab a cup of breakfast blend and become acquainted with the Blogger window.  Before I have finished the first paragraph I have put my netbook down AT LEAST once for various reason.  When I stated in an earlier post that I had to run interference I was not joking.  I think that morning I was interrupted three times. 

I feel like it's such an accomplishment if I finish a post, let alone proofread it.  It's not that I don't love you my readers!  I do.  I will try to be more vigilant in my proofreading or at least make an effort to remember to hit the spell checker button.        



 

No comments:

Post a Comment