Sunday, December 26, 2010

Soul Food

December 26 – What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?

Sometimes, I can be a pretty simple girl.  I like down home foods.  Something made by someone with a lot of love and care.  Those are the things you don't forget. 

I was the lucky recipient of a few Holiday Cookie platters.  All of them different from the others and all of them absolutely DELICIOUS.  Needless to say...they didn't last very long. 

New paragraph, new thought.  Chocolate is always a good thing.  One of my friends brought over her family's Chocolate Mouse Pie.  I am amazed that I had the amount of self control that I did.  I could have dove head first into that pie and not felt guilty at all!  Yeah, it was THAT good!

I've been working on lots of homemade goodies myself over here.  Yesterday I made fresh Cinnamon Rolls for Christmas.  And topped off the evening with homemade bread.  There is just something soul warming about a fresh loaf with butter right out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment