Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Social Networking

December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

Online communities are everywhere.  I am a member of a few but only really active in one.

Facebook.

I have to admit that I was a little late to the whole social networking.  I was probably one of the last in our little group to get a myspace page.  I'm not sure how the migration to Facebook happened.  We just all slowly started making our way over.

Facebook has let me catch up with family member and reconnect with old friends.  I've formed wonderful friendships with people I haven't talked to in years, and my life is definitely better because of it.

It's nice to keep up with everyone.  Now that we are all adults with our own families and careers, we don't get together as much as we like. 

As for groups for 2011?  I thought about joining a mom's group.  Something to get me out of the house.  But I think that may take a little more commitment than I can commit to these days.  It's also hard trying to join a group when you have to share a vehicle with your hard working hubby (I'm not complaining, just stating).

So there you have it.  A blog about a social network site.  Now back to Facebook to see what everyone is up to this morning. 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment