Monday, December 13, 2010

The Aim of Such Desire

December 13 – When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?


aspiration  (ˌæspɪˈreɪʃən) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]
n
1. strong desire to achieve something, such as success
2. the aim of such desire


I aspire to be a great Mommy - Life changes daily, so I like to think I am doing pretty good.  Sometimes I need to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the little things in life.  I also need to work on balancing my patience. 

I aspire to be a fantastic Wifey - We have been married for eleven years so I think that I am doing something right.  We have to remember to reconnect at some point during the day. 

I aspire to be an excellent Friend - Each one of my friends posses qualities that I adore.  Qualities I want to integrate into my own life.  Unfortunately, life gets busy and sometimes my social life gets knocked down to the bottom of the list right above "free time to sit on my butt and become a couch potato".  I need to be more vigilant about making time and making myself available.         

I aspire to be the best Juju - Eventually I would like to go back to school and finish my degree.  The time isn't right.  But it will be.  And when it does it will be fun to get back in a classroom. 

My aspirations are small and dear to my heart.  But they are so fulfilling that I have no desire to be a doctor/banker/mechanic.  I guess that's just the way I have always been and right now I am okay with that :).

No comments:

Post a Comment