Sunday, December 19, 2010

Heal Thyself

December 19 – What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?

There are moments when I convince myself that I'm healed.  That everything that happened is in the past.  Then something happens to generate a memory and it all comes rushing back.  They come rushing back but the feeling is a bit different.  The memories a tad fuzzier with the passage of time.  Tears no longer fill my eyes.  And for that I am thankful. 

The sadness is still there but there is also a sense of pride.  I'm proud that we endured the hardest thing we have ever had to deal with in our lives.  We learned how to pull together as a family and continue to use that to embrace whatever the world wants to throw at us. 

In time perhaps the healing process will be complete.  For now we continue to be stuck in the "process" phase.   We make progress little by little.  And for the time being, that's okay.        

No comments:

Post a Comment