Friday, December 17, 2010

Lesson Learned

December 17 – What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? 

The bestest, grandest, most fantastical thing I have learned about myself this year is...

It's perfectly okay to tell myself to SLOW down.

I bet you thought it was some big secret huh?  That I was going to deliver the meaning of life.  Believe me...if I knew it, I would share.  But only after I wrote a best selling book and became rich enough to buy my big red barn.

Back to the slowing down part.  We all get in these modes where it's constantly GO, GO, GO, then stop for a bit to eat and then GO some more.  I'm not sure what spurs it or why we do it.  Someone always needs something or stuff around the house needs to be done.  There is always a reason.  Several times this year I have had to remind myself to slow down.

And guess what?

The world didn't end.

I know, I thought it would.  And boy I was surprised when it didn't.  Those slow moments when you stop and take time to enjoy what you have been given.  Those moments are better than anything shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment