Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Workin On It

December 28 – What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.

I try not to forecast out my year in advance.  I usually come up with two or three things I want to do and then go from there.  Every year I come up with a resolution that I rarely keep until March.  It can be difficult at times for me to come up with anything other than the standard "drop some lbs".  That is an ongoing goal for me.  I did pretty well for the end of 2009 and the start of 2010.  I have to admit that I have been pretty relaxed about the holidays.  Hopefully that will give me more motivation for 2011.

When I was younger I used to plan out my year with fantastic expectations for not only myself but everyone around me.  And that always ended with heartbreak.  We had a couple bad years hit almost back to back.  We stuck it out and have learned how to deal with what life has thrown at us.  But I have definitely learned not to have such high expectations.

I think that other than that standard "dropping some lbs" I want to take some more family trips.  We took a few this year.  A ton of pre-work and planning on my part goes into them.  And they are blast. 

Sometimes it can be hard to relax at home.  When we travel we are able to focus on being a family and being together without all of the distractions.  I am able to relax and not feel guilty about not getting my chores done.  No dishes, or laundry to haunt me.  I know it will all be waiting for me at home, but it can wait a little bit longer.     

I know I want to go to Malibu.  But not for anything ordinary.  I want to visit the M*A*S*H site.  It's a hike to get to the spot but it will be worth it to visit the place where they filmed my most favoritest show ever!  And I'm not even a "hollywood" type person but I love that show so I definitely want to visit where they filmed.  And it's a state park so hopefully I can get a few beautiful shots of nature.

  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment