Friday, December 24, 2010

Everything is Totally Okay

December 24 Prompt – What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?

So here is the blog post that I posted when that moment hit me.  I am in no way re posting cuz I'm lazy and it's Christmas Eve. 

Aries!
by Juju on Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 9:26pm
I guess I never really thought about Clover's astrological sign.  I used to look up mine all the time.  For the most part, mine is pretty spot on.  It really never occurred to me to look up Clover's until her Aunt wrote it all out for us.  I took a step back and was totally like "whoah!" (Joey style from Blossom!)

Lots of time to reflect and stuff after our recent vacation.  I thought about how lucky I am.  I couldn't help but feel a certain sense of pride as I looked at the family we have grown into.  I felt proud as a mom as I watched my daughter blaze the trails ahead of her.  I love that she is so adventurous.  She is totally comfortable no matter where we are.  She is up for anything. She lets nothing stand in her way.  Not even her stork bite!  I can't help but to think that I helped foster her sense of adventure…or I could be full of it and it could all be up to the stars!      

Aries from astrology-online.com
"The spring equinox, March 21, is the beginning of the new zodiacal year and Aries, the first sign, is therefore that of new beginnings. The young ram is adventurous, ambitious, impulsive, enthusiastic and full of energy. The Arian is a pioneer both in thought and action, very open to new ideas and a lover of freedom. They welcome challenges and will not be diverted from their purpose except by their own impatience, which will surface if they don't get quick results."

And welcome to my daughter in a nutshell! 

I've been thinking about how life seems a little easier now than it was two years ago.  Life is still life, but sometimes it seems a little easier to breathe.  I've been trying to make more of an effort to play with her and not just let our daily routine get in the way.  Dishes, laundry and the overall daily grind all add up during the day.  Little minutes that I don't get back.  With the nicer weather sticking around we like to spend the evenings out in the yard.  And if there is a big o watermelon involved all the better!  I think that's where all the evening pictures have been coming from.  So y'all are just going to have to deal with them!  (go ahead…roll your eyes now) They are my lil reminders to myself to stop and enjoy the time I have.  To not let anything get in my way.  Just like my lil Aries (even if the dishes have to sit in the sink for a night).

No comments:

Post a Comment