Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Manic Pixie Dream Girl

So my thirty days of things of which I am a fan is coming to a close.  It's been fun and playful.  I didn't hit my blog everyday mark.  There were just some days where I didn't feel the inner blogger.  That's okay.

The only cohesiveness to the posts was the blog theme.  They were pretty much all over the place.  Mostly whatever was in the forefront of my mind at the time.  So what to fill in my last few days with?

Favorites? I pretty much already listed my favorite musical artists.  Kylie, Darren (sometimes Hanson) and JC.  Favorite movie?  My favorites change depending on my mood really.  It's hard for me to pick a solid and concrete favorite.  But I will try to narrow it down for you.  Favorite actor?

I am a fan of Zach Braff.


I love Garden State.  FYI...actually watching it right now.  I watched High Cost of Living earlier tonight.  I waited.  I wanted to be able to watch it without interruption.  You can already guess how that went (twice).  It was a very deep movie.  There was a lot of emotion to it.  I think they made a great choice with casting Zach Braff as a bad guy.  You want to hate him through the movie but you can't.  Or at least I couldn't.  I just kept waiting for him to do the right thing because his character seemed to be the type that eventually would.  I even set down my knitting to watch the end.  So that right there tells you how good it was.  His character was so well written and acted that you just had to root for him.  And it's not just because it was Zach because honestly I hated his character in The Last Kiss.  It may have been because I watched it when I was four months pregnant but I just couldn't get into that movie.

I also love Natalie Portman in Garden State.  Possibly because I want to see myself as a Manic Pixie Dream Girl.  

If you can't laugh at yourself, life's gonna seem 
a whole lot longer than you'd like. --Sam            


I live this motto every day!  Especially when I trip on the carpet and almost fall on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment