Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Solstice

It is officially Summer!  Not that you need a reminder.  It's triple digits here!  Lovely I know.  We spent some time in the water today and hung out with a friend and her cutie lil baby.  Then I went to the store specifically to buy a watermelon.  We hung out with some family and ate as much watermelon as I could possibly have room for!  I thought it would be a great idea to have watermelon on the first day of Summer.  There was just something very summery about having a nice red juicy watermelon on such a hot day!

I am a fan of watermelon!  It is my favorite Summer fruit.  I love strawberries too but not as much as watermelon.  I know that you can get it year round thanks to greenhouses and importing from other countries but there is just something about a Summer watermelon!

No comments:

Post a Comment