Monday, June 27, 2011

And Now For A Glass Of Wine

I may or may not be drinking said glass of wine while blogging.  Would that be irresponsible?  The wine thing is fairly new.  I am mostly a hard alcohol fruity drink kind of a gal.  Lately I have found that that I have become a wine fan.  I am still a total newbie to the whole wine world.  I will not try to pretend that I can taste hints of cherry or what kind of wood the wine was aged in.  I'm not that hardcore.  I basically like anything on thing on the sweeter side.

I am a fan of dessert wines.  Anything with the phrase "pairs well with chocolate" will work.  I also like fruit wines.  Casa De Fuita's Raspberry!  Yum!  I have also had some good pomegranate stuff but I don't remember the name of it.  I have not wondered into the other realms of wine.  I am just getting my feet wet.

So why said glass of wine?  Today just seemed to be a day where everything got to me.  I tried to just shake it off but some things wouldn't budge in my mind.  I have come to the conclusion that I am horrible with birthdays.  Just when I think that I have it down, I find that I am wrong.  I need to keep a master list on my computer or on my phone so that I don't forget.  Relying on Facebook to tell me is no longer cutting it.  I thought that I had it down today.  I even had my friends bday on the calendar.  Only to discover this morning that I was wrong.  It's not tomorrow...it was today!  Okay...shake it off right.  Nope.  Wouldn't budge.  I even tried the Bollywood Dance Blast move where I shake it off.  So alright, I admit that I am a dork.  A dork with good intentions though.  So that counts for something right?

Other things on my mind...I have been thinking a lot about Karma lately.  The whole what goes around comes around business.  There are just certain situations in this world in which Karma can not come fast enough.  I try to be a good person.  I like to think that if I can make someone else's life just a bit easier that maybe I contributed to this world.  I know several people who also think along the same lines.  I like surrounding myself with people like that.  So it hurts me to see people intentionally hurt others.  It's amazing what people can justify to themselves as being right.  It is one of those things I just don't understand.  What do they gain?  Is what they gain worth what they will eventually lose?  Things like my respect?  It's one of those situations that I watch from the sidelines and cheer on Karma.  I'm getting impatient waiting for Karma.  But here I sit with my pom poms at the ready.

I am starting to notice more spelling errors than usual so I think I will blame it on the alcohol (thanks Jamie Fox).  So I will graciously excuse myself and relax for the rest of the night.  Night Y'all!  

            

 

No comments:

Post a Comment