Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6 - Say What?

30 Days of Thanks

Day 6 - I am thankful for my darling daughter's sense of humor.

We have heard some doozies around these parts.  Yesterday I actually had to contain most of my laughter.  I wasn't sure if it was a moment where I should have scolded her or encouraged it.  While driving in a parking lot Hubs was commenting about how busy it was.  From the backseat we hear:

"Dad...Dad..Caaaalm down.  I know you are excited...but you really need to try to calm down!"  She was right, he really needed to calm down.  I had my hand over my mouth while I was trying not to laugh.  Needless to say I really didn't do anything.  It was too funny of a moment.

The other day I was complaining about the neighbors dog who likes to poop on our lawn.

Clover piped up "oh yeah, well...Soda poops bubble gum!"

"What color?"

Without hesitating "Red!"

I guess thats just an added bonus to having the imaginary dog around.

Today she yelled at me for not shaving her Daddy's hair.  She was very serious about wanting to know WHY.  Just like when she yells at me for wearing her father's shirts.  

Just when I figure she isn't listening to me she goes and proves me wrong.  When we were in the ER, Daddy and I joked about them installing a hook so I could do laundry faster.  Yesterday she told me that I wasn't going very fast with my "hook" and mimed how I was supposed to be doing it.

Such a funny creature for something so small.  Even though I sometimes question who taught her how to talk I really do enjoy the conversations we have and the humor she brings to every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment