Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 24 - Turkey Day All Day

30 Days of Thanks

Day 24 - I am thankful that our All Day Thanksgiving Extravaganza went off without a hitch.  Minus the whole not having green beans thing.

We hosted both sides of the family for turkey day.  The first turkey went into the turkey roaster at 7:30 am and the second turkey came out at 6 pm.  We did a potluck for lunch and everyone brought dishes.  Everything was delish.  It was nice having the families over.  It was one big family filled day!

For dinner I was a bit worried about being able to make side dishes with that whole hand thing.  So I went the heat and serve route via Costco.  The Sage and Sausage Stuffing was awesome.  So was the Creme Fresh Mash Potatoes and the Sweet Potatoes.  I wasn't shocked that we hardly had any left overs.

I was surprised that we had turkey leftover.  I bought two 17lb birds and still had a bunch of left over.

The only problem we had that evening besides not having enough forks was the missing green beans.  I could have sworn that I had green beans in the freezer.  If I was a betting person I would have bet on it.  But when I want to look for them to make the ever famous Green Bean Casserole, they were gone!  We will just call it The Great Green Bean Mystery of 2011.      

No comments:

Post a Comment