Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 18 - That's What You Do

30 Days of Thanks

Day 18 - I am thankful for friends who are honest enough to tell you the truth and nice enough to do it gently.

Hubby had a conversation with a friend in which this friend told him he was "High Strung".  I tried to be nice about it but I laughed because he is.  He never believes me when I tell him.  So maybe I found it a tiny bit funny that his friend saw it too.  We are working on trying to get him to about "Medium Strung" status. Then maybe we can get him down to calm.

Then I had a conversation with one of my friends in which I told her that I was stressing for no reason and she told me "That's what you do".  I never really thought about it much but as I started looking at myself a little closer, I found that she was right.  She usually is.  I do stress.  I'm a stresser and I worry...about everyone.  Chances are I am probably worried about you right now and you don't even know it.  It took me so long to learn how to unwind and de-stress.  Especially when I was working at a daycare.  I worried about my kids all the time.  Even if there was nothing to worry about I would worry.  Did they have a good day today?  Will we have a good day tomorrow?

Even now I worry.  Being a parent has added probably ten million more little worries to that list.  Lot's of things to stress about.  It's what I do.  I think after all the worrying and stressing it helps to keep me in check and evaluate things.  As much as I think it may help me out, I know I need to relax.  I know that if I spend to much time stressing out about tomorrow that I won't be able to enjoy today.

I'm glad I have the kind of people in my life to help keep me in balance.

So I got it.  Less worry and stress.  More zen and relaxing.  I'll let you know how that works out for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment