Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 10 - Date night

30 days of Thanks

Day 10 - I am thankful for the alone time I get to spend with my Husband.

After several arguments over little insignificant things, we figured out that we needed to work on being a couple again and not just Clover's parents.  We tried to institute a date night ritual several time but between our schedules we could never get it to stick.  We made an agreement this last round that we were both going to try harder.

And that's what we did.  I will admit that dropping Clover off at first was a little hard for me.  In her three years I had hardly dropped her off anywhere.  She was always with me.  Even driving around without her in the backseat felt weird.

It took me awhile to relax but when I finally did I was able to remember that I actually do like my husbands company.  It's such a different experience to have a conversation with out someone interrupting because she wants to be part too.  We can talk about grown up things and I don't have to worry about little ears repeating what they heard later.

Last night we went out for chinese food at our favorite place and ordered something new.  It was pretty spicy and delicious.  We talked about random stuff.  Later in the evening we tried to come up with a game plan to tackle our latest round of stressors.

Even though it's only for a few hours it's nice to remember that we are still a couple.  Now if I can just get around to making time for myself, I would be all set.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment