Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4 - Just Breathe

30 days of Thanks

Day 4 - I am thankful for the level of patience that the good Lord has blessed me with.

No other explanation makes any sort of sense other than I was blessed with it.

When I was in the classroom I always heard about how patient I was to work with kids.  I didn't really think anything of it since it all just came natural to me.  One of my friends complimented me on my ability to stay calm in chaotic situations.  I guess I just get in modes where I handle it then think about it later.

My big secret - Just Breathe

Okay, so it's not that big of a secret.  There has been lots of breathing this week.  Hubby stated that he needed more patience.  So I googled it for him and found this wikihow on patience.   Imagine my surprise to find out that my big secret was number 4.

      Overcome bouts of impatience. In the long run, developing patience requires a change in your attitude about life, but you can immediately make progress by learning to relaxwhenever you feel impatient. Take a few deep breaths and just try to clear your mind.Concentrate on breathing and you'll be able to get your bearings.

I also think that number 12 is pretty important as well:
   
      Always have a positive outlook in life. Being always positive is very imperative as possessing a sense of patience. Remember that life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.

Staying positive is kind of a biggie.  I have been trying my best to breathe it out and stay positive this week.  I find my patience being tested by the simplest task.  Everything has taken more effort, patience and time as I struggle through everything with my left hand.  My right hand still out of commission and in a sling.  I'm still in the game.  Being a Wife and a Mommy doesn't stop because my hand is in a sling.  Hubs has stepped up and taken over dishes and trash duties.  But there are still meals to be made and laundry to be washed.  The world keeps turning.  Even if I struggle to get myself dressed the world doesn't wait for me.  So every morning I wipe the crust out of my eyes and remind myself that every day I am getting better and that soon things will return to normal.  As silly and crazy as normal was.    

No comments:

Post a Comment