Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 25 - Pie for Breakfast

30 Days of Thanks

Day 25 - I am thankful for my mom's pumpkin pie.  Without it I wouldn't have been able to have my traditional slice for breakfast the day after.

I got up and was set on having cereal.  It's easy.  After cooking all day yesterday I wasn't in the mood to make anything complicated.  I stared at my empty bowl that was waiting for my Honey Nut Cheerios.  I had the conversation in my head...Cheerios is healthier than my traditional after Thanksgiving breakfast.  I've been doing this for so long that I can't remember when I started.  I do remember the one year when there was a shortage and I went without that one year.  And boy did my mom hear about that!  She felt so bad that the next year I got three pies.

MmmMmmmMmm Breakfast!
 
You should have seen Clover's face when she saw that we were having pie.  For the record she had already had breakfast so it's not like she was just getting up and having pie.  And it's only once a year.

She couldn't wrap her head around having pie for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment