Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 16 - Balance

30 Days of Thanks

Day 16 - I am thankful for the sense of balance that seems to follow my daughter.

Even though we are right in the middle of Princess fest 2011, my darling Clover has been showing me that she is quite balanced.  For all of the pretty pink dresses there are plenty of times spent in the front yard in the mud.  Of course after that she gets a shower.  I've gotten pretty good about covering up the fact that my kid likes to collect rocks and play in muddy puddles.

Her latest obsession is one that she shares with her father.  At first I thought it was a fluke but this obsession has stuck around now for a while and it is something she talks about every day.

So while spinning around in her Snow White dress, she is insisting that she is no longer Clover but actually "Snow White".  Around her neck is her latest prized possession.

Her Transformers dogtag.

Yes, that's right.  My daughter loves Transformers.  Specifically "that red guy...what's his name mom?"  aka Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee.

Every night she wants to watch the vintage cartoon with her dad.  They snuggle up together and she starts asking him all sorts of questions about the bots.  She doesn't quite get the concept that the decepticons are bad but she knows that she doesn't like them.  She know she loves Optimus and Bee.

Yesterday she was kicking the inside of Rojo Grande and I jokingly told her that if she didn't quit that the truck was going to turn in to Optimus and get her.  She laughed.  Then about five minutes later after we got our smoothies she looks at me in all seriousness.

"Mom!  Our truck can't turn into Optimus."

Why?

"OUR truck doesn't have the flames.  And Optimus has flames.  So our truck can't be Optimus.  We don't have those!"

If I was ever tempted to get a flame job on the side of Rojo this would have been it.  Anyone know a good painter?  Just kidding of course.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment