Saturday, March 26, 2011

Time-out

Day 26:  Time-Out

Yes, I am counting it as one word.  This story is too cute to keep in the archives of my brain.  And yes, in the future if my darling daughter ever stumbles across my run on sentences she may get a little embarrassed. I am okay with that.

I am working on the dishes and Clover is playing with her Zha-Zu hamster (or whatever the thing is called).  If you haven't seen these, they are little animatronic hamsters with squeeeeky voices and run into your feet at random times and scare the crap out of you.

So all of the sudden Clover starts yelling at her hamster.

"Nooooooo! StOOOOOP, DOOOONNNTTTT!"

It doesn't stop and continues to go in the opposite direction that she wanted.  She picks it up to stop it and chucks her arm back for the wind up and the pitch.  I inform her that she is not allowed to throw her toys.  So then she gives me that "but Moooom" head half way to the side look.

"I'm MAAAD!"

"Why?"

"He isn't listening to meeeeeee"  Even though the hamster is bright pink she has decided that its a "He"

She then takes the hamster and walks off with it.  I am totally curious at this point and peek my head down the hallway.  She walked down to her room and put the hamster in her room and shut the door.  Then she walks back to me and proclaims...

"I put him on time-out in my room.  I'm mad he wasn't listening to me!  So he went on time out!"

Disclaimer:  She hardly ever goes on time out.

She said it so matter of factly.  She was also very confident in her decision to put him on time out.

I couldn't help but laugh.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment