Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ode

Day 10:  Ode


Here is my ode to my Irish heritage.  If in fact, I had an Irish heritage.  My parents like to tell me that I am a "Heinz 57" and that I have a lil bit of everything.  I think that translates into "we really have no idea sweetie".  So back to the food!  Corned Beef and Roasted Cabbage.

Every March the Super Markets stock up on the Corned beefs.  I wonder why.  I just follow the instructions on the package.  I don't make it for St. Patty's Day.  I just really like good corned beef.  NOT that stuff that comes in a can either.  ewwwww.  I even make a point to ask when we try a new breakfast place if the hash if from a can.  Which embarrasses the Hubs.

The Cabbage recipe I got from Kalyn's Kitchen.  I didn't have any lemon because the stupid thorny lemon tree wouldn't give any up so I just roasted it with Olive oil.  It was delish!   

No comments:

Post a Comment