Monday, September 3, 2012

Strength n Stuff

I had an opening paragraph set up but it didn't seem to be leading me where I wanted to go.  So I deleted it and figured that I would just type as the thoughts came out.

I've been thinking a lot lately about people and the infinite amount of strength they posses.  Not only have they been on my mind but I find myself amazed and inspired.  Some I know in person, some I know from reading my blogroll.    

It just makes me think about the many situation in which we go through just living our lives.  There are times when it seems that life shouldn't be that hard.  Unfortunately, we all have those days.  Sometimes it can seem like it's too much, but we all seem to be able to pull ourselves up.  Not only do we pull ourselves up but we stand strong.

I guess that's what strength is all about.  It's not about never being knocked down.  It's about finding the will to stand back up.  Time and time again.  We are all so much stronger than we think.  It sucks to have to have those experiences to find that out about ourselves.

It does remind me of one of my favorite quotes though...

If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you. - Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment