Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Crock Pot Mondays

Our schedule has been switched up a bit.  This season our dance class is on Mondays in the afternoon.  So that changes my designated laundry day.  Not that it's all contained in one day anyways.  I just get a majority of it washed on Monday.  Since I will be busy in the afternoons now I no longer have that extra time to plan out dinner.  So I will now be instituting Crock Pot Mondays.  This is the second week I have done it and it's nice coming home to dinner that is already made.  Yesterday I peeked in the cabinet and realized I had the ingredients to make Chicken Enchilada Soup.  I used this recipe here as a rough guide. 

The pic looks blurry because of the escaping steam.

With all the yummy veggies piled on top!

I made a few changes to the recipe.  I didn't bother softening the veggies.  They were going to cook in the soup long enough so I employed the dump and stir method.  I also didn't bother with the rue (flour and water as a thickener).  I broke up some corn tortillas and they melted into the soup and thickened it quite nicely.

What is your favorite crock pot recipe?  I have a lot to collect.  I have a lot of Mondays in front of me!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! We used the crockpot last night for dinner and every time I do I'm excited at the idea that dinner is literally a one pot mess....I need to do this more often. I really want to try this recipe it's making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete