Thursday, September 20, 2012

I May Be Moody

I feel like today was a wasted day.  I woke up with a gnarly headache.  I took two ibuprofen with my cup of coffee and oatmeal and waited it out.  I started to feel better so I got up and put a load of laundry in only to be met with pain.  I had my neck brace on while I surfed the internet and waited some more for the edge to die off of the headache.  Nothing.  I got up and walked around the house which usually helps when my head starts to throb.  Still nothing.  Lunch time hit and I took two more ibuprofen.  I sat around and endured some more.  My headache was turning me into a whiney mess although there was no one except Clover around to hear it.  So it might not have happened...like a tree falling in the woods.  Around four I took a shower convinced that my headache would concede under the comfort of the hot water.  Still nothing.  At this time I started to stress out.  It had been all day and nothing had helped get rid of the headache.  I didn't feel out of it, other than the headache I felt fine but I wondered if I should call my neurologist just in case.

Then I gave up and laid down next to Clover while she watched Handy Manny in my big bed.  Then I could feel it.  There was a massive rush of pressure from my head to my sinuses.  Are you flippin kidding me?  All this worry and stress all day and it was my stupid sinuses?  Sure enough I could feel it start to creep down the back of my throat and I started coughing.  I got up and had some water and a cold pill with the good stuff to dry everything up and sure enough my headache went away.

Such a wasted day!

So I ordered pizza.  I was pretty pissed off at myself that the whole day was wasted all on account of my body playing tricks on me!  The only positive thing was that it helped to remind me to enjoy the good days.  You never know when your day is going to suck so just enjoy the good stuff while it last and endure and survive the crappy parts!

Isn't that what life is all about anyways?    

No comments:

Post a Comment