Friday, August 12, 2011

Reverbin It Up

Describe an unexpected moment, activity, sighting or conversation that touched you during July.


Hubby had unexpectedly wanted to go out that weekend.  We were up and dressed and ready to head out on an adventure.  I had already prepared myself for a quiet morning at home.  Coffee in one hand, laptop open and on my lap.  My plans were squished my the Hubby's desire to go out in the world.  Since this was at a point in time where that rarely happened, we got up and got dressed.  Before we headed out, we needed to refuel ourselves so we stopped off for an early lunch.  Hubby picked.  


We were sitting and waiting for our order at a fast food chain that only serves hot dogs.  I was staring out of the window and something caught attention.  At first it caught my attention because they were attempting to back up an older truck into the parking spot right next to our newly leased car.  My anxiety instantly built up as I watched.  I had nothing to worry about.  The driver maneuvered his truck with precision and with very little effort.  It was an older truck.  I would say 50's.  One like the project truck my father tried to fix up when we were young.  


The driver hopped out of the his side and went inside, leaving a passenger in the seat.  He came in and stood in line.  He purchased a single ice cream cone.  He walked outside, licking it as it dripped.  Opened the passenger side door and lovingly handed the ice cream to his wife.  Before he shut the door, he kissed her.  He started up his truck and the were off.  As they drove by I noticed that they were holding hands.  


Okay so I may have made up that last part about holding hands but it seemed to fit.  I can only imagine that they were holding hands.  


Just like us they were off on their weekend adventure.  They had the whole weekend in front of them and the most important part was that they were spending time together.  As I let that thought sink into my thick noggin, I realized that the same was also true for us.  It didn't matter what we were doing as long as we were doing it together.           


No comments:

Post a Comment