Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Who is Keeping Track Anyways?

If you participated in Reverb 10 during December of last year, are any of the things you wanted to manifest in 2011 revealing themselves?


So the lovely people at Reverb10 send out monthly prompts.  Usually when I get the email I make an effort to jump right in.  But this one has sat in my inbox until the LAST possible moment.  I even contemplated just not doing it.  But I loved the challenge...so why the hesitancy?  I honestly don't have an answer.  I saw the Thumber squeeze her post in here.  So I figured I would make an attempt.


I said in "A Series of Unfortunate Events" that I was tired of making hospital visits.  I guess I should have clarified that I what I really wanted was for everyone to recover and get better.  Not for the both of them to pass away.  Being consumed by everything that was going on left me no time to write let alone reflect.  So there is one possible excuse.  The other?  A massive cup of guilt.  How selfish was I that not only did I say I didn't want to visit hospitals, but I blogged about it?  Can I get that cup with cream and sugar...heavy on the sugar? 


Speaking of sugar, I really need to lay off.  Or at least scale it back.  I also need to hop back up on the elliptical and get my butt motivated.  I have lost all will over the last month to watch what I eat, let alone making sure that I workout.  Physically I need to get moving again.  I know it will make me feel better.  I am just not there mentally.  I know that I will get there but with the birthday rush coming up I don't see anything wrong with having a bit of cake.


I'm anxious to get writing again.  Writing about stuff that isn't all doom n gloom.  Yes, I want to write about cupcakes and rainbows and kittens and all that good stuff.  It beats being mopey and depressed any day!  I'm not talking about being a cheery starbucks drive thru employee smiling at you before you have had your morning coffee intake.  Just plain o happy.  


I think that for June I will participate in the NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) meme.  I need a kick in the pants to jumpstart the writing.  This may be what I need.  Or it may crash and burn.  I really don't have any expectations at this time.  June is a busy month for us with two birthdays every week plus other holidays it gets a little crazy.  I will make my best effort to write every day.  Hopefully that will help pull me out of my funkalicious funk.


I took a break from writing just now to go through my posts and see what I was missing.  
Been baking...check.  
Writing...kinda.  
Fitness Goals...hahahahaha.  
Vacations...not really.  
Made it to Malibu to visit the M*A*S*H site...not yet :(.  


Guess I can't check everything off my list just yet.  On the positive, guess that gives me something to look forward too.  And since there is a small part of me that is still looking on the bright side I think there is hope for me yet!          

No comments:

Post a Comment