Saturday, January 15, 2011

It All Started

What made you decide to start a blog? If you’ve blogged about this before, go back and read it. Is that still the reason? What’s changed?

I've picked another blog meme.  This time I think I found something that I can commit too.  Giving props where props are due, Shannon from Thumbin My Way led me over to Post A Week 2011 via WordPress.  Is it wrong that I using a Wordpress meme on a Blogger blog?  I feel like for some reason I am crossing territories and am going to get beat up or something.  Or maybe there will be a musical style snap-off involving varsity jackets.

So back to the question.  I have a lot a great blog writers on my bookmark bar.  They inspire me.  I found the Reverb 10 idea over at Adventures in Juggling.  I thought it was a great idea.  I wanted a way to move into the new year and leave 2010 peacefully behind.  I headed over there and decided to jump right in.  But that would require a blog.  Now, currently I have a craft/tutorial blog that I had started but due to a Mac Crash have not updated in awhile.  I wanted something this time that would focus more on writing and not crafty awesomeness.  So Something Cute by Juju turned into Something Written By Juju.  I like Iweb for the craft blog because I can add pictures and its all point and click.  However I ran into some issues using Iweb.  For my written blog I wanted something easy that I could use from multiple locations.  Blogger has fit nicely so far.

I think part of me wants to tell my story.  Or at least have a spot to get some of my ideas out of my head.  I wanted to reflect on 2010 and accomplished some self reflection in the process.  It was a good experience.  I decided to keep the momentum going but felt a little self conscious that my oh so glamours life of being a SAHM/wifey wouldn't produce enough material to write about.  So enter the memes.  It's more to help me think outside of the box and spur ideas in hopes that I don't write about the same five things over and over...

My adorable 2 and 3/4 year old
My Hot Hubby
My love of Good Pop Music (sorry no Brittney)
The Coffee in my Cup
Laundry

Posting every day was easy when I added it to my routine.  But enter life and the dreaded laundry monster and posting once a week seems to fit more into my giant game of Jenga.  Posting once a week for the entire year isn't intimidating to me at all so I think it will fit in nicely with all the other pieces in the tower. 

Speaking of the same five things...I need to get Clover some toast, kiss the hubby, add a load of laundry, make another cup of coffee and charge my ipod.  Guess I better get motivated this morning.  Strawberry jam or Orange Marmalade?

No comments:

Post a Comment