Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

My hope for everyone in the new year is that you take the small opportunities that life hands you and make them yours.  Enjoy them as you would.  

Take time to slow down.  Life isn't always a race.  There are at times just enough minutes in the day if you take them.

Be uniquely YOU.  Try not to let other's influence your mood or take you down.  Stand up and be you.  Present that to the world.  I say that knowing all to well that it is an "easier said than done" statement.  But still I try.  Yesterday I let my mood be influenced by another.  I spent the last day of 2010, mad.  And I regret it.  But there is nothing I can do about it now, but move into the new year with a new attitude.    

Share your passion.  Knitting, crochet, phones, writing, crafting, painting, whatever it is.  Create it...love it...share it.  You would be surprised how happy it will make you.

Let it go.  The past is in the past.  Sometimes it hurts and sometimes it hurts more to hold on.  So let it go.  Breathe a little bit easier knowing that you left it behind.

Cherish each other.  I love the word "Cherish".  Cherish the people that you love.  The people that make you happy.  The people whom you go out of your way to make happy.  Show that you love them.  Cherish them.

Smile more often.  They say that it takes more muscles to frown then it does to smile.  So why does it hurt when you smile so much?  Probably because smiling muscles are weak.  You should strengthen them.  Smile more.  It really is contagious. :) See...how hard was that?

Right now 2011 has all the potential in the world.  It's fresh and new.  Hopes, aspirations and the dreaded resolutions are forefront in our minds.  I know the year ahead of me can be great.  All it takes is taking time to enjoy myself and my little moments, my family and friends.  I know it wont be perfect.  That there are things out in the world that are way beyond my control.  But in the immortal words of Dr Seuss

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
          

No comments:

Post a Comment