Monday, January 3, 2011

Comfotable with You

I am still trying to figure out this NaBloPoMo thing out.  It's a bit different from the Reverb 10 challenge.  Reverb gave you a daily prompt to go with their monthly theme.  NaBloPoMo gives you a monthly theme to do with what you want as long as you write every day and then offers prompts Monday thru Friday to jump start your creativity.  I am having a bit of a problem going from one structure to the other.  Not that one is better than the other, just different. 

The theme for this month is Friends. 

Doesn't seem that hard right?  I love my friends.  But even if I wrote about each individually every day of the challenge, I still wouldn't have thirty days of content.  This led to a small amount of stress.  Then I turned to my smarty party search box and found some inspiration in the form of a quote.  So for today I will start there and work my way out. 

“Friendship with oneself is all important because without it one cannot be friends with anybody else in the world.”

Eleanor Roosevelt 

I like this quote because believe it or not it's true.  So let's start from the beginning.  Every one's beginning.  You have to at least like yourself.  I'm not saying you have to love yourself and take out a billboard with your face on it or anything.  That might be a little extreme and slightly creepy.  I'm saying that you should like yourself.  Now, we all have those days where we don't like how are shirt looks or the fact that no matter how hard you try you hair always wants to part in the same spot. 

But over all in general, be comfortable with you.  Once you are friends with yourself, it makes it so much easier for the rest of us to be friends with you.  And those days where you have convinced yourself that your feet look funny...those are the days where us friends come in handy.  We are pretty good at telling you that you look fine and to stop worrying.    
     

No comments:

Post a Comment