Monday, February 28, 2011

People in General

What part of life confuses you the most?
In one word..People.  People in general confuse me the most.  I don't understand them and even if I think I understand some, they switch it up and I am standing there with a big question mark hovering above my head.
At one point in my life I considered going into psychology.  If to do nothing else but help me understand the people I knew.  But after a little more consideration I decided that it wasn't worth four to six more years of school.  Especially when a lot of "theories" were followed by phrases like "varies depending on situation/person".  
I know life is pretty hard at times.  Even if you are the stereotypical good girl and keep it on the straight and narrow, life can still be pretty tough.  So it confuses me to why some people would purposely do things to complicate life.  I don't understand how people can get so wrapped up in themselves to where they don't see the pain that they cause by their actions or words.  Do they not care?  Do they not see it?  Do you justify it to yourself?  I guess you never really know until you are in that person's shoes.  So here I sit.  Confused as ever.     
Bonus: What part of life confuses you the least? 
Love.  People do a lot of crazy things in the name of love.  Or at least they say it's in the name of love.  Love is one of those things that just makes sense to me.  Maybe because I've been in love with the same guy since I was 15.  Not to say that it's been a giant slap of chocolate cake.  Like any couple we have had our ups and downs.  Through all of it, I never question who I will be warming my cold feet on in the middle of the night cuz I know he will be laying right next to me in his white hanes ankle socks.

Love just makes sense to me because it's something that I feel and do my best to express.  I love my family, my husband, our adorable red headed almost three year old.  I have an immense love for my friends, the ocean, coffee, flip flops, my macs, pop music and the place where the mouse lives.

The one part of love that confuses me is the fact that people feel the need to argue about it.  So again, here I sit.  Confused as ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment