Saturday, February 12, 2011

Self-Deprecation

We were in a store the other day.  Clover looked up and saw a poster advertisement and pronounced "That's Mommy!"  I started with a typical "I wish"  but then I stopped myself.  I stopped myself and then I realized that I stopped myself. 

I've been told multiple times that I can't take a compliment.  Here my lovely almost three year old was telling me that I was pretty enough to be on a poster and I showed my typical self-deprecation. 

That is definitely not a side of myself that I want my daughter to see.  I'm working on it.  I've been working on accepting compliments.  I joke about how I can't hear anything over the sound of how awesome I am.  But, I really don't believe it. 

It's all a work in progress.  I am giving myself til Valentine's Day before I hop back on the wagon.  And by wagon I mean back to my exercising and eating better regimen.  I was on it and between the loss of the tooth/root canal/cold that kicked my butt, I just couldn't stay on.  I fell off the wagon.  But that's okay.  After Valentine's Day I will start back up and work towards getting to where I want to be.  I'm not sure where that is.  I lost thirty pounds after having Clover.  It took some work, but then I got there and then I got comfortable.  So time to hop back and on and work on being healthier, a little happier, and a little less self deprecating. 

So when I stopped myself, I told my little Clover...

"That's very sweet of you.  Thank you baby"

I think it's amazing how something so little can change you so much.        

No comments:

Post a Comment