Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sometimes Things On Pinterest Work

Sometimes I find things on Pinterest and they work!  Most of the time they don't.  Like my Vinegar and Dawn experiment.  But these two things actually did and I was really happy.

First was the Pizza Balls.

    
You flatten out your biscuit and add some pepperoni and cheese then wrap it up to look like a ball.  I added salami in some of them.  I didn't have any before pictures because I was watching some cutie-pa-tootie kids and was too busy being responsible to take pictures of me making dinner.

I used my tortilla press for these which made it go pretty fast.  I didn't add the herbs on top because I wasn't sure if the kids would eat them.  They were still very tasty regardless.  And a big hit.  The pan was gone in minutes. 

The second one from Pinterest was also a kitchen tip.  I found this because someone had cross posted on Facebook.  It was about using your kitchen mixer to shred chicken.  So much fun, right?


Start off with some yummy cooked chicken.  Most of the time I make this in the crock pot but I had a busy day so I popped this in the oven.  It's chicken breast with a cup of salsa (newman's own) and some frozen shredded bell peppers and onions.

Action shot.

Ta Da!

This only takes a couple of seconds.  If you do it too long it will turn your chicken to mush.  So don't walk away!  I add my shredded chicken back to the salsa.  I also throw in a can of beans for some added yumminess.  Pro tip though:  Rinse your beans.  I went forever skipping that step and they always tasted weird.  So now I know better and I rinse my beans.  I serve this on top of some greens for chicken taco salad. 

And while I'm at it, I have to sport my apron.  

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment