Sunday, March 30, 2014

My Bun Boner

I love long hair styles.  They are always so pretty and beautiful.  They just always seem to look great.  But I hate long hair on myself.  I think part of it is the fact that I was not allowed to cut my hair as a child.  Seriously it was down to my butt my entire childhood.  It was that long until I went to a friends house and cut it off when I was about fifteen.  I was going through a rebellious streak.  I thought I was going to be in trouble but it turns out my parents really didn't care.

I also don't like the weight on my neck.  It just feels so much lighter when it's chopped off.  So to get those great looking hairstyles with choppy short hair I have to use little devices and contraptions a long with a crap load of bobby pins.  Things like hot buns, which I have tired and worked with wet hair.  If you want to see a hilarious review of the Hot Buns, check out Bunny's on Youtube ( <--click the link).  The bun maker is what I used the other day.  I found mine at my local CVS.  Except I modified it a bit.  I unrolled it and cut it in half so it would fit my shorter hair.  It's the same concept as a sock bun.

Pony up, slide on bun maker, fold down hair, and pin the crap out of it.  I did this on a windy day and right before we went and saw Muppets (which was awesome).  I didn't wet it this time around and ended up with what I called a bun boner.

See it?

Boiiiiiiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment