Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Biting Off More Than We Can Chew?

We've been making small changes here and there to the house.  During the holiday season we added medicine cabinets to the bathroom which freed up all of the counter space.  I thought they were going to be awkward but now I love them.  They really have simplified the bathroom. 

We have been doing small things here and there.  Although now ideas are flowing and the ideas are getting bigger and bigger.  These are things that need to get done.  Like for instance we had to order a new bed.  Ours broke.  Yes broke!  The center support beam broke into two pieces.  At eleven at night we were cleaning out underneath the bed and trying to figure out to do with the extra wood we now had access too.  Most of it is still there on the back porch.  That was a long day but we managed to get everything cleaned up and squared away.  But now our mattress is on the floor.  Since it was a platform bed the mattress was on the platform with no box spring.  The first few nights we laughed and joked about how it felt we were camping.  Now it just seems sad and we are both tired of climbing in and out of bed.    

So we ordered a new bed and dresser.  Our older furniture is about eight years old, was from Ikea and has seen better days.  I think that stuff may have an expiration date on it somewhere.  I'm a little afraid that when we go to move it, it will fall apart. 

We didn't want to be stuck with something we didn't like because it was in stock.  So we custom ordered our bed.  I kind of feel like this is the part where we get grown up furniture.  Which will come with the custom ordered time frame.  Ten weeks.  I'm holding on to hope that those ten weeks will go by fast.  In the mean time we have started discussing what we should do to the room since we are going to move everything out to get the new furniture in.  So do we want to paint?  What about the carpet?  What color?  Will everything fit? 

I'm hoping that everything will fall into place and I'm trying not to overwhelm myself with the ever-growing project.

One would think that by now I would learn not to bite off more than I can chew?  Since I obviously haven't learned my lesson yet, I might as well not talk with my mouth full.   

No comments:

Post a Comment