Saturday, October 22, 2011

Focusing on the Highlights

This week started out well...and, then...uhm...yeah.  It was a long and stressful week.  But I am choosing not to focus on that.  Everything will get worked out and we will continue on, so I am focusing on the positives of this week.

Happy Meal buckets are back!

Yes, this is a positive.  During all of the chaos I stopped by McDees and got Clover a Happy Meal bucket. And yes, I bought one for myself.  The one on the right with the band-aid mouth is Clover's.  She didn't really understand why Mommy was so excited about a bucket.  It's one of those things from my childhood that I get to share with my daughter.  Halloween was one of the rare times we got to go to McDonalds when I was a kid.  We went for ice cream when we got shots and we went for Halloween to get Happy Meal buckets.  So when I found out they were doing them I got a little excited.  Yeah, my friend looked at me confused too.  She wondered why her friend was getting excited about a bucket. 

Also this week, I became a Dance mom!  Lot's of excitement about going to class.  Especially since she was going with her "bestest little friend".  It took a few minutes for her to warm up and she totally made me sit by her for a few minutes so I joked that I joined dance class too.  They were so incredibly cute on the dance floor in front of the large mirror.  I have to give props to the teacher.  Talk about infinite patience.  The toe taps...oh..the toe taps were so adorable.  I will probably be sending out pictures to family soon.  I took video as well and I plan on cutting it all together.  I like to keep everyone in the loop and I'm not at all bragging (go ahead and insert eye roll here).  

I'm pretty excited that I took all the footage and pictures on my phone.  I will probably never carry another camera again.  I started to get a little bummed that the video was choppy but it just turned out that I was using the wrong program to view them in.  Good thing I have a nerdy Hubby to help me out with such things.  

I like to catch everything in a picture.  Time moves so fast that it's nice to have it all documented.  The only problem is that iPhoto is pushing 3 thousand pictures and it takes a while to load the poor program.  

Speaking of time.  I can't believe that it's almost November already.  October seemed to fly by.  Halloween is right around the corner.  Time to get some punkins and start carving!  That sounds like a fun activity to highlight my weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment