Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Do or Do Not, There Is No Try

Every now and then I get a hair to try something new.  I have dabbled in painting here and there but I do not think of myself as an artist.  I do not have that ability to create something by drawing or painting.  I am a crafter.  I can re-create things I have already seen.  I think that is why I spend so much time looking for pretty things on the internet.

I found this picture awhile back on Pinterest.  I tracked it down to Quite Contrary.  It was from her Star Wars Room Version 2.0 post.

Minimalist Star Wars
 
I figured that if I break it down to simple shapes I should be able to pull it off.  I used my Cricut to cut out the shapes and then I used painters tape to tape them off.


The day I painted outside.

Start to finish it took me about two weeks of work.  I had to stop and finish a few times because of life and what not.  I painted them for a friend's birthday present so I had a deadline.  

8x10 canvas painted with acrylic paint

I added Leia and Yoda.  The set just didn't feel completed without them.  Vader came out a little art deco-ish.

I am happy that I finished them on time but I think because it's not something I do all the time I had a hard time being confident in my ability.  But even when I knit something I never know how it's going to be liked so maybe it's just a hand crafted confidence thing.  But I am happy that I gave it a go and I tried.  

2 comments: