Saturday, December 22, 2012

It Was Just One Night

So we finally did it.  We left Clover for the night.  We haven't left her overnight since we brought her home from the hospital.  She had already been away from us for six nights at that point.  I will admit that it took me awhile to get used to the idea of leaving her.  But once I had accepted it I was able to relax and enjoy myself.

Hubby and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary and decided that it was finally time to get away for ourselves.  We went up to the mountains and got a honeymoon suite just for the two of us.  It was quiet and cold and lovely.

Clover stayed at home with her grown up best friend.  I am hesitant to call her our babysitter because she does so much more than that.  She had a full science day planned out.  She kept Clover so busy that I don't think she had time to miss us.

It's funny how everyone asks how it went.  We were in a cabin all to ourselves with a jacuzzi tub and a king size bed.  It was just the two of us!  How do you think it went?  So needless to say...I TOOK A NAP!  and it was everything I hoped it would be.  Except for that part where because of the nap I didn't fall asleep until 2am.   

I have to give props to the Hubs.  He willingly left his electronics at home so he could spend the night with me.  Awwww how sweet!  I thought he might start twitching but it was only for one night  He did very well!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment