Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day Trip

Sunday we packed up and headed over to the Gilroy Garlic Festival.  We have always heard about it but somehow ended up missing it every year.  This year I have tried to be better at planning out vacations.  It's always fun to get up and go but planning it out gives me more options.  We left early in hopes of avoiding the crowds.  Which we were successful at until about 1 o'clock and then it just seemed like there where people everywhere.

We all decided that if we were to do one thing...Garlic Ice Cream.

I'm not going to bash the event.  The planners seemed like they tried to cover all of their basis.  They had busses to shuttle you from the parking lot which was nice.  It didn't seem like it lived up to all the hype. We had a good time but didn't actually buy anything other than food.  It was pretty funny watching everyone taste the garlic ice cream.
 
That's not a tan line it's dirt.

When I got home and slipped my flip flops off I noticed the feet where two different colors.  I thought it was weird that I had a tan line when I slathered the sun screen on.  I did miss a few spots so I have a couple of red spots.  Then there is my tribute to the Curiosity pedicure.  I was reading up on the next Mars landing last week via The Planetary Society and decided to add some red to my toes.  Each toe is a different shade of red with one toe a bronze.  I thought it was funny how my sandals made little Star Trek insignias on my feet.  We were kicking around the idea of going to Planetfest but Hubby is not feeling well and it looks as if another cold is making it's rounds.  So I think that lots of rest and relaxation is on the menu for this weekend.  

1 comment:

  1. We went a few years back anni was disappointed. I had watched a special on food network all about the great garlic festival. They really built up these crab cakes and I searched hi and low only to never find them. The whole experience reminded me of fresno state vintage days and then I was upset I made the drive, I'm glad it wasn't a total bust for you guys.

    ReplyDelete