Friday, August 10, 2012

Recipe Testing - Appetizer

Last night we went out for a date night and I ordered some Deviled Eggs as an appetizer and loved them.  The only problem was that they brought me three halves.  Three?!?  This doesn't even make any sort of sense to me.  So somewhere another half of my egg is wondering around the restaurant.  So today I wanted eggs.  I found this recipe at Kalyn's Kitchen for Sriracha Deviled Eggs.  Rooster sauce!  Yum!

I didn't add as much mustard because I don't really like my eggs tangy.  The addition of yogurt was a little weird to me but I did like how they made the yolk filling nice and light and creamy.  Hubby on the other hand was not a fan.  He like the flavor but prefers more of a dense egg.  Clover ran off with a bunch of egg whites after they where peeled.

Overall very yummy!    

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if I could get away with leaving the mayo out and doubling the Greek yogurt. I mean, there's a lot going on there with the Sriacha: what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could definitely try. I didn't taste much of the yogurt once I added the Sriracha. I liked the yogurt in them. To light n fluffy for Hubby tho. I added more rooster sauce to the top too. Yummy! They weren't hot with just 1tsp.

    ReplyDelete