Monday, January 14, 2013

Adding Art

Since we have been married, Hubby and I have always been on the lookout for art for our home.  When we lived in our apartment we had a huge under the sea painting above the fireplace.  When we moved it didn't seem to go in the room.

Before we painted we had a set above the mantel.  My sis in law painted me a beautiful Poppy triptych ( a painting on three canvases).  I had to google that.  I will admit it.  That will go back up above the fireplace but probably not as high as it was.

Right now we are looking for places for the art we have and on the lookout for new art.  I like personal pieces that have meaning.  Hubby likes pretty things.

Now I am a very crafty girl but I'm not really very artistic.  It's something that I have accepted for a while not.  So I started brainstorming how to create art while not being an artist.


Clover and I collaborated and came up with painting for the entry way.
You are MY sunshine


Lots of contact paper and painter's tape.  I taped, she painted.

I cut out the words and a large circle on my Cricut and taped off everything else I wanted white.

The final piece is above the shoe cabinet so you see it right before you walk out.

I like the way it turned out but it looks pretty simple to me so I consulted some more creative peeps and they suggested that I add a bird in there to break up the orange.  Since the Cricut is still out I can get on that soon.  

I'm just amazed that we painted something and managed not to coat the house in glitter!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment