Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sad Panda

Two things I can't seem to shake today that have been giving me a big dose of the sads.  Warning:  Kind of a buzzkill not my normal happy go lucky posting.

My long time IRC pal from back in the day got robbed.  If you are old enough to know what IRC is and actually used it then you get total I love nerds points.  Back to the story...she came home to find all of the electronic devices in her house gone.  Along with some collectables that she and her son stood in line to get signed.  I have been thinking about them all day.  What a sucky thing to come home too.  Especially right before the holidays.  Being all the way across the country I keep trying to think of something to do for her other than offering long distance loves.  I thought about knitting some scarves but that will just make me feel better.

I'm very glad that no one was hurt.  That is definitely a positive.  But she is still left with the mess and the damage to not only her home but security as well.  Maybe I will just knit a large scarf she can wrap her whole house in.  Maybe I should start working on that...

My other downer came today via text message.  Hubs sent me a message that said "Col. Potter died"  and which I replied with a NUH uH!  He did :(  I had to google and found the announcement.  The timing of when I found out was weird because I was watching Beauty and the Beast Christmas special which stars David Ogden Stiers as Cogsworth.  He played Charles on my very much loved M*A*S*H.  I actually started watching season four of my Martinis and Medicine Collection last week.  Season four brought in BJ and Col. Potter.  I can't explain why I love a show that started before I was born.  I have tried but I don't really understand why either.  I just know that I do.  All of this M*A*S*H talk makes me want to visit the Malibu site.  One of these days I will get there.

Oy today...I need chocolate.  Massive amounts of chocolate!      

No comments:

Post a Comment