Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sometimes, He Likes My Chili

I thought I might have been going through withdrawals.  I had a twitch the other day and didn't know why.  It was because I hadn't blogged in awhile.

Last week seems a little blury.  Hubby and I actually took time off from being parents last weekend and worked on just being us.  It gets hard sometimes to separate the two.  We hired an awesome babysitter and headed off to the mountains for some fresh air.  I have to admit that it felt a little weird not having Clover in the back seat telling us to turn the music up.  Then Tuesday night we dropped Clover off at her friends so we could do a date night.  Driving over there I started to have a mini panic attack because this was the first time I have ever dropped her off somewhere...EVER...and she's three.  I knew that she was in great hands and she would spend the evening playing with her best friends.  I knew she would be fine and that was only confirmed when we got there she couldn't care less if I was there or not.  I was really surprised I didn't cry.  But then again we had the house to ourselves for a few hours so maybe I was a little distracted.

Friday was spent running errands and hanging out.  Saturday morning was spent in a haze of cleaning up and preparing for a family bbq.  It was the first time in awhile that my husbands family was all in the same place at the same time.  No one was sick or hiding.  Everyone was in a good mood and the weather was good for chilling out.  It was awesome.  Our family isn't that large but I still felt like I didn't get a whole lot of time to talk to everyone.  I didn't even do a whole lot of cooking so I wasn't stuck in the kitchen the whole time, which felt good.  The one thing I got the most compliments on I didn't even make.  Isn't that how it goes though?  I admit it, the mac and cheese was pretty darn tasty.  Thanks Costco.  Clover spent the evening playing with all her cousins.  She was in heaven.

Today everyone is recovering and relaxing.  Both Hubs and Clover have a bug.  So we spent the day chilling out on the couch.  The house smells like Vicks.  I took a trip to CVS and stocked up on cold supplies.

For dinner I didn't want to do anything heavy but we had left over tri-tip and there was no way that was going to waste.  So I made try-tip chili with it.  We are not very big left over people.  Hubs simply won't eat left overs so I gave up trying a long time ago.  He seemed like he was up to it to try it out.  It was awesome.  He even complimented it with "I usually don't like your funky chili...but...that was awesome". I even made cornbread muffins from this recipe at cooks.com.  The only thing I changed was that I added a can of cream corn instead of milk.  It was comforting to have comfort food after such a busy week and weekend.

There is more to catch up on but for now I am a little obsessed with my latest internet meme project.  I will share the closer I get to finishing.  But for now...off to ball up some brightly colored acrylic yarn.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment