Thursday, May 15, 2014

Testing The Waters

Testing the waters, dipping my toes in, or maybe just jumping in with my clothes on.  I am entering the world of all things girly.  So I thought about just adding little bits here and there but really it all added up quickly and before I knew it, I had a kit.  Which I took with me on vacation.  YES!  I wore makeup while on vacation.

In no particular order...

Brushes.  These are for my foundation. 

I used to use the brushes that came with the Bare Minerals.  Then out of nowhere something happened with my skin and they started irritating me.  I was super red after using the Bare Minerals brushes.  So I switched over to the ones I picked up on sale from BH Cosmetics and no more redness.  Guess my face doesn't like all natural.  So synthetics for me! 

More brushes.

All shoved into my travel bag.  

Mineral Powder Foundation

I've had these for awhile from back when I wanted to "get girly" a few years ago and they sat around.  So I just picked up where I left off and started using these again.  I like mineral foundation.  I don't like thick stuff on my skin.  I just don't, I'm not sure why.  That is why I wear a powder sunscreen because if it's slimy I get grossed out.  So the powder works out for me and I don't feel like my face is melting off when I get hot.    


This BB Cream is awesome for me because it is light.  It also soaks in to my skin and doesn't sit on top and make me feel slimy.  It also has sunscreen in it so that is a bonus.  This was a splurge for me but seems like it will last for a really long time. 

  
Love this pallet!  My ultimate favorite!  I should have taken a picture of the inside.  It's metal so it's awesome to travel with.  Also a splurge but I use it everyday!

The bronzing pallet from Bare Minerals.  I have no idea what I am doing with this.  Let's just be honest.

Using the black as eye liner with the push liner brush as shown here. 

Packing it all wasn't very hard since I just threw it all in the small makeup case I got at Target.  The added sunscreen in my products helped out when we hit the beach and the Zoo while on vacation.  So that was a bonus of taking my makeup.  The downside was it took an extra half an hour to get ready before dinner.  If you haven't figured it out yet I am "grab my phone and out the door" kind of a gal.  So adding extra steps before I leave the house is tripping me up.  I am getting used to it though.  I like the confidence boost I got from knowing that I looked pretty good when my Hubby took me out to dinner.  I always have that moment where I have him check to make sure that I am not super powdery because I have those moment where I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.  It's getting a little easier as I practice.

Maybe I will learn how to swim in this great big girly ocean.  Wow, that sounded totally wrong but you get what I mean.  :P  


No comments:

Post a Comment